Record Breaking Attendance for Furness College School Leavers Open Night
Furness College appointed Motionlab to raise awareness and drive visitor numbers for its November school leavers open evening.
We worked closely with the internal marketing team at Furness College to help guide and support them on the key features that we believe would help to draw a crowd at the event and create an exciting atmosphere on the night.
Our branding team created an identity for the school leaver event which was based around #GotSkills – we wanted to highlight what school leavers could achieve if they made Furness College their first choice for further education.
The #GotSkills campaign message was threaded throughout all the marketing, we also worked with key curriculum areas to stage a series of #Skills master classes throughout the evening to reinforce the skills message.
Pre event –
In the run up to the event, we used new digital channels that the college had not previously employed to capture both potential school leavers and their parents.
Organic and paid tactics were executed to raise awareness prior to the event with all content linking back to the Furness College website which included an online pre registration form.
Paid Facebook adverts were used to target parents and students between the ages of 15-18 in the Barrow, Ulverston and Millom area with open evening ads encouraging people to register for the event.
We liaised with the local press and used the Furness College website, email database, local radio and direct mail to reach potential visitors.
On the night –
The Motionlab team was on hand to capture the #GotSkills master classes and hand out branded props to drill home the campaign message. All pupils were branded in Furness College #GotSkills t-shirts and the main entrance was used as a space to host a live broadcast from the college radio station, Can Do FM which created a real buzz as visitors arrived.
Post event –
We circulated photography from the night that clearly illustrated the number of people who had supported the event and captured the excitement from the evening. We used the Furness College website, social media channels and press to report on the school leaver open evening success.
• Over 650 in attendance, surpassing all previous school leaver events held at Furness College.
• Organic social media content audience reach of 5,000.
• Paid social media ads drove 952 clicks to the website, 80% of these were new website visits. The campaign reach was over 31,000 with an overage cost per click of 92p.
• An extra 1,743 people visited the Furness College website this
November versus the same open evening period in 2014.
• Uplift in engagement with the website, with course enquiries and applications up year on year.
• 1,134 views of the open evening page this year versus 613 in 2014 – an uplift of 85%.
• Overall, a great start to the #GotSkills campaign.